Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:56:45 -0400
From:      Dave Ason <dgason@mindspring.com>
To:        minh@mds.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Download FreeBSD ???

Hi,

>I'm want to try this FreeBSD OS, but I don't know which files or the
necessary files need to >download  and operate.  I did download the
floppy image and the fdimage.exe. Is it only those file that
>i need to ready operate FreeBSD OS ?

    You're halfway home. Use fdimage.exe to make a bootable floppy,
reboot your computer with the bootable floppy in the drive and follow
the directions.

    I don't recommend this method if you have a dial up analog phone
line. It could take hours to download all the software. If an analog
line is your only connection to the Internet, go by Walnut Creek's
CD-ROM site and order "The Complete FreeBSD" book and companion CD-ROM.
This gives you all the software plus a great tutorial. You can find them
(I believe) at http://www.cdrom.com

    If that address doesn't work, FreeBSD's website had a link to order
it under "Getting FreeBSD"

    Hope you enjoy FreeBSD as much as I do,
    Dave Ason
    dgason@mindspring.com