Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 08:42:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Lyndon Griffin <lgriffin@bsd4us.org>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Timeline for development

It's more complicated. You'd better add in different variant timelines for
which PCI bus chip will/won't be supported. There are some endian issues for
PCI devices. The Qlogic ISP driver is ready for SBus and PCI (it exists in the
NetBSD version) but hasn't really been shaken out on UltraSparc machines
except in it's linux instantation- and there are some swizzling issues that
will have to be worked out.

Maybe a list of 'goal' machines. Frankly, this effort could save a lot of wear
and tear on all of us if it just concentrates on sun4m/sun4u.