Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:07:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brent Bailey <misterb@bmyster.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw & advanced statefull rules help!!

Im using FBSD 4.5 release with IPFW & natd over my commercial DSL
(no pppoe) ..everything runs great ..however i have
noticed alot of connection attempts to various UDP & TCP ports (non-services)
Is ther a good howto on advanced statefull rulez for IPFW and natd...
i do have machines behind the BSD box..and i dont want to totally kill all
access to the internet for them ...however i would like to block
everything that isnt needed and or intiated from the inside. Ive played
with differrent examples of rules that others from this mailing list have
presented...but all the rules i have tried kills all traffic to the
internet from my internal network...theres got to be some happy medium
any help is greatly appreciated,,,
thank you again for your help
Brent