Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2016 20:28:40 -0700
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-sysinstall@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installerconfig Preamble

If you want *really* basic ZFS, you can set things up just like UFS:
PARTITIONS="ada0 gpt { 200G freebsd-zfs / }"

This will create a single-file-system ZFS pool out of the first (and
only) GPT partition on ada0 and install the OS there.

The canonical documentation for bsdinstall is just the manpage.
Unfortunately, zfsboot scripting, which would provide more complex ZFS
installations, is not documented there.
-Nathan