Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:27:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <ia64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: a mess

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Hiten Pandya wrote:

> hi all,
> i jus' wanted to ask...
>
> the files in /src/sys/boot/ia64...
> which are ski something are temporary i beleive..?
>
> are they only there till we get to use the real IA64
> hardware.?

I certainly wouldn't describe it as a mess. There are some files in
boot/ia64 which are there to support the kernel loader under the HP
simulator, SKI. The real hardware uses Intel's new EFI firmware which is
intended to be platform independant. The efi loader sources are in
sys/boot/efi with (most of) the ia64 specific stuff in
sys/boot/efi/libefi/arch/ia64.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Phone: +44 20 8348 6160