Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 13:08:34 +1100 (EST)
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        G.Beuermann@Uni-Koeln.DE, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11R6.3 in 2.2 ?

>Whatever the XFree86 Project provides us with - this has always
>been their product and we just bundle the bits they give us.
>rich@freeBSD.org would know more since he's on both teams.

We're planning a beta release in a month or so which will be based on
R6.3.  That's most likely too late for 2.2, and it probably isn't
appropriate to bundle a beta version with 2.2 anyway.

The stock R6.3 release should compile pretty much "out of the box" on
FreeBSD 2.1.6 and later anyway.  R6.3 includes the XFree86 3.2
servers (except for a few minor things).

David