Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:48:07 -0800
From:      72yan M <freedom@72oot.net>
To:        nval@lms.mech.upatras.gr, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: core dump problem

On Monday 25 February 2002 23:47, you T

I think your raid drive can't keep up with your computer.

What is the stripe size of your RAID 1 ?
What is the blocksize of your partitions ?

Here is a good article on RAID.
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/perf/raid/concepts/perfStripe-c.html

Install iozone from ports and try it out in a large partition "#iozone -a"

72yan M