Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:55:23 +0200
From:      Jouke Witteveen <j.witteveen@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install errors on old HP machine

about
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-July/051498.html

Hello,

I happen to have the same problem with different (all NEW) floppies and
different kern.flp files (4.8, 4.9, 4.10) even from diiferent FTP
servers (!) on my old compaq prolinea 66MHz (DX2) 20MB RAM. Everytime I
boot a kern floppy it gives a zf_read error. This error does not occur
on other (modern) pc's so the floppy seemes oke but other boot disks
(for instance my debian installation disk) do work, so the floppy drive
seems to read oke as well. What can I do to install FreeBSD 4?

Yours sincerely,
Jouke Witteveen
the Netherlands