Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 2002 16:56:39 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        mirror-maintainer@mirror.averse.net
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE:(3) about @XX.freebsd.org email account policies...???

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 mirror-maintainer@mirror.averse.net wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
> > Yes indeed, but until now there havent been any clear manual which defines
> > how to use the power which comes by being in charge of xx.freebsd.org. At
> > least, I havent seen any documentation which covers email addresses
> > related to xx.freebsd.org domains.
> > If there were, then we wouldnt be discussing about whether it is advisable
> > to give emails of xx.freebsd.org domains or not. We would just know the
> > answer, I presume. ;)
> > Since this seems to be a subject which needs to be addressed. I suggest
> > that the freebsd team should define a set of rules about administration of
> > these domains' email distribution or we should make a set of rules and
> > propose to the FreeBSD team. Which in return would be published at FreeBSD
> > web site for the review of domain administrators now and in future.
>
> I cannot agree more.  In particular, I've seen vanity hosts of the form
> <word>.xx.freebsd.org appear on irc.  Common sense ought to prevail, but
> where that is lacking, a set of guidelines should suffice to show the way.

Yes but who will do the work of preparing the guidelines..

If there are some people subscribed to this this who has any
suggestions about what the guidelines should be, then we should start
collecting their ideas and perhaps make a list and then open it for
voting which ones should be included in the guidelines and which shouldnt?
and who should collect the data?

Evren