Date:      Fri, 9 Jun 2000 20:22:07 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mbuf waiting mfc to 3

Well, it's been nearly a month since I posted the mbuf waiting MFC for 3.4
to -net, although I haven't heard any complaints about it messing up
systems, there have been a few complaints on bugtraq of mbuf
exhaustion attacks which would be much less serious with it. :)

In any case, the patch is still available at
http://www.silby.com/patches/mbuf-wait-mfc-2.patch for review.  I'm
fairly confident in its reliability, but I'd prefer a few more people to
test it if they have the time.  If there are no negative complaints, I'd
like to get it committed before the end of next week to ensure that we
don't miss getting it into 3.5.

There are no changes between this patch and the last one I posted other
than a single version line I had messed up in the previous one, so if
you're currently testing that one, there's no need to download this
one.  Please post your experiences with it in any case, though.

The small memory leak I alluded to in my previous posting of the patch has
been found and committed seperately (as it affected 3,4, and 5.)  So,
please CVSUP before testing this patch to ensure you're seeing its true
colors.

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack