Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 11:01:38 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Ben Black <black@zen.cypher.net>
Cc:        Brian Litzinger <brian@mpress.com>, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tyan Titan-Pro ATX S1668 no more? or changing?

Hi,

> as for K6, well, it has full MESI cache cohereceny for SMP.  whether it
> will be supported in a P6 board is unlikely since K6 is Pentium pin
> compatible.

and every report I've seen says the current K6 doesn't have an OPIC
(Open Programmable Interrupt Controller, AMD/Cyrix answer to APIC) on it.
So none of the dual boards, P5 or P6 could run dual K6 CPUs.  And they're
not going to retrofit these boards with a new chipset, so they would have
to toss them, or sell them in some other market.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by