Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:49:28 +0100
From:      "Pietro Cerutti" <pietro.cerutti@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommended Web Mail software

On 3/1/06, Robin Vley <viper@fx-services.com> wrote:
> wc_fbsd@xxiii.com wrote:
>
> Wayne,
>
> > Was wondering what you recommend.  We have a small 5 person user base o=
> > a [fairly] screamin' new Dell box, so performance isn't an issue.  Just
> > easy to use, reliable, basic, low maintenance web mail.  I'm leaning
> > toward  SquirrelMail, as I set it up on a test server a couple years ag=
> > and was pleased.  Any other suggestions?
>
> Squirrelmail works really well, and has as a plus that it has a fairly
> low-bandwidth interface. We're running Horde, Neomail and Squirrelmail
> for our customers and I got used to Horde myself. It's a bit heavier and
> comes with tons of stuff that has nothing to do with the basic webmail
> requirement, but it's working pretty well. Not much updates. I remember
> Squirrelmail had some security updates now and then, but this is more
> than a year ago I'm talking.

[1] was corrected and committed a few hours ago (01 Mar 2006
19:23:17), according to freshports [2]

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/ports/portaudit/af9018b6-a4f5-11da-bb41-0011433a=
9404.html
[2] http://www.freshports.org/commit.php?message_id=3D200603012023.k21KNHwn=
061588@repoman.freebsd.org

> I would definately go for Squirrelmail if you want simple, stable and
> easy to use Webmail. If you want something more advanced and nicer
> looking, go for Horde.

I agree.

--
Pietro Cerutti