Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 16:07:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        gdt@bbn.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCCARD unrecogonized by FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE on IBM Thinkpad 600

In message: <20040113185231.22FBC2051D@wolfe.bbn.com>
            Greg Troxel <gdt@bbn.com> writes:
: Probing cbb, I get a problem with "unconfigured IRQ".  Turning on
: various PCIBIOS options (in NetBSD), I found that the IRQ in the PIR
: was set to -1, which means that the BIOS failed to configure the
: device properly.   I set a PCIBIOS_FIXUP_INTR option (actually many):
:
: options         PCIBIOS                 # PCI BIOS support
: options         PCIBIOSVERBOSE          # PCI BIOS verbose info
: options         PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
: options         PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
: options         PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing
: options         PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9 or 11
: options         PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS      # see pcibios(4)

Many of these are rolled up into FreeBSD's code already.  I'm working
on not needing addr_fixup.  bus_fixup is needed.  The intr stuff is
being worked on by John Baldwin.  The bus_fixup stuff is needed by a
few laptops now to get cardbus working...

Warner