Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:38:11 -0500
From:      "Daniel Domengeaux" <danield@comspace.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   network problem

just curious if anyone has ever seen this problem before

i recently install 4.0-RELEASE on my home machine which acts as a gateway
for the other machines in my house, it has a D-Link NIC running at 100BaseT
(not sure of model i'm away from my machine) . but anytime i try to ftp
files over the network and ftp stalls out after ~200Kb (i tried with normal
ftp and ncftp beta3) after ftp stalls i can't get anywhere over the LAN. ftp
from the internet on other machines works fine but if they ftp to me it does
the same thing. i can also ftp fine from the internet, i was ftping all day
yesterday but the moment i tried to ftp to a local machine its stalls out.

any help in the matter would be great

-daniel

--
Daniel Domengeaux