Date:      Sun, 06 May 2001 15:04:36 +0200
From:      "Munish Chopra" <messiah_man@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   The FreeBSD NVIDIA Driver Initiative

If the following isn't an appropriate subject for discussion on this
particular mailing list, please move ensuing discussion to one that is more
appropriate (possibly -hackers or -hardware).

We are a simply a few guys who at more or less the same time got tired of
not having 3D-support for our NVIDIA cards in FreeBSD. So we decided to
start 'The FreeBSD NVIDIA Driver Initiative'. As the name may say, we tried
to figure out how we were going to get hardware accelerated 3D drivers for
FreeBSD. After going through a bit of work and contacting NVIDIA, it's come
to this:

We are located at http://nvidia.netexplorer.org, from where we try to keep
people updated on how the effort is going. We have taken over Michael
Carlson's petition for drivers (some of you may remember it from when it was
started back in January), and if you haven't signed it yet, please come on
over and do. There IS currently a team working on the drivers (not NVIDIA
itself, but some people who are getting a bit of help from NVIDIA at least).
We will keep you updated on how things go.

For those of you wondering about the legal issues, they DID come up, and
have been successfully resolved. Please drop by the site to sign the
petition and check on how things are going.

Cheers,
Munish Chopra
The FreeBSD NVIDIA Driver Initiative