Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 2015 13:54:43 -0700
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        FreeBSD - <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Freebsd-update question

I just updated several systems with freebsd-update that are running =
FreeBSD 9.3.  The list of updated files includes the kernel and a bunch =
of kernel extensions.  However, after the install completes, I do not =
get a message that the system needs to be rebooted.  Since its a new =
kernel, a reboot should be required to make it active.  Shouldn=E2=80=99t =
I be told that?  It seems like I used to get those messages.  I rebooted =
all of them just to be sure.=