Date:      31 Aug 2000 15:00:44 -0700
From:      lscolby@gwirynybyd.com
To:        questions@FreeBsd.org
Subject:   using ports through a proxy

Hello:

I've installed freebsd 4.0 as contained in The Complete FreeBSD Book.

I've configured KDE kfm and Netscape so they can work through the proxy/firewall used at which I am working.

However, I can not find documentation on how to use make and make install through a firewall/proxy when when building a port.

/stand/sysinstall ftp proxy - firewall does not work.

Neither does the ftp command.

I can use Netscape and KDE kfm to download files, but its getting very old.

Please direct me to documentation.

Thanks,

Colby