Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2012 04:42:38 +0300
From:      Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

Hi Adrian,

Re your comments; you are 100% right, as I have not done steps 1 & 4 from
your list below.
I must also admit that my knowledge of networking, on a scale of 0-10, is
probably -1.

<what does ifconfig look like?>
I assume you mean for Client? For example, re0 has static IP assigned by
DHCP and re1 (GBit NIC) has no IP untill I assign same MAC Address as re0,
create lagg and do an ifconfig lagg.

<what's the routing table look like?>
Can't boot Client at the moment as I have an NFS mount problem. All
diskless clients boot from 192.168.2.1; DHCP, inetd, (and hopefully NFS)
run from jail and are bound to that IP. No firewall (yet) on that NIC.

I'd like to try steps 1 & 4 as per your suggestion and see if that solves
it - so,
1. What commands should I run for steps 1 & 4 ?
2. lagg should be set up ass failover right? I assume loadbalance is
impossible when hubs are involved?
3. Is it possible to assign lagg instruction through DHCP or some other
service on HOST, rather than settings in CLIENT rc.conf?

Thanks so much for your help...