Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 19:57:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marc Ramirez <mrami@mramirez.sy.yale.edu>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@TFS.COM>, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: historical note..

On Mon, 11 Mar 1996, Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:

> Julian Elischer wrote:
> >
> > /*
> >  * Just for fun: current memory prices are 4600$ a megabyte on VAX (4/22/81),
> >  * so we loan each swapped in process memory worth 100$, or just admit
> >  * that we don't consider it worthwhile and swap it out to disk which costs
> >  * $30/mb or about $0.75.
> >  */
>
> 	HEY! somebody took this out fo the FreeBSD sources!  not fair.
> 	this is part of our heritage.  so it make the source distribution
> 	a little larger. so what disk is cheaper than ever.
>
> 	i want it back.  please submit a diff.		;^)

Somewhere on some tarball on tape I have AppleDraw II, a program I wrote
in the 5th grade on an Apple IIe, and about 400K worth of drawings that I
and my classmates skipped English class to draw.  Along with some
portraits of various teachers :) there are a bunch of drawings that bring
back memories.  Whodini, 2010: odyssey two, Herb (remember the old Burger
King "Find Herb" promo?).  It was the largest program I had ever written,
and the oldest program of mine that I still have (well, there's a tape of
Trash-80 stuff somewhere, but I'm not going to bother).

But it's fun to look back at those things, even if they're stuck back in
an attic somewhere.

See, now I'm going to have to cobble something together so I can look at
these pictures!

Marc.

--
Marc Ramirez - help him find the funk.