Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:22:37 -0600
From:      "Joesh Juphland" <part_lion@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   lots of things (pcic, pccard, ep0) on irq3.  Problem ?

I am trying to get two identical 3C589 pc cards working simultaneously on my
laptop.  This was accomplished with FreeBSD 4.3 by adding lines like this to
/etc/defaults/pccard.conf :

config  auto "ep0" 10
config  auto "ep1" 15
(everything else for that cards entry is left the same)

However, this no longer works with FreeBSD 4.4.  There are two reasons that
this could be happening:

1. the somewhat arcane changes I show above to pccard.conf are no longer the
way it is done, and I just don't know the _new_ arcane way

2. Somehow, some way, in upgrading from 4.3 to 4.4 on this laptop, I have
developed irq conflicts - maybe 4.4 just arranges things differently.

So in that light, the ONLY ONLY ONLY suspicious thing I see in dmesg is that
a _lot_ of things are using irq3:

pci_cfgintr: 0:19 INTA routed to irq 3
pcic0 ... irq3
pcic1 ... irq3
ep0 ... irq3

Which is odd, since pccard.conf _and_ /etc/rc.conf BOTH tell ep0 to go to
irq10 and ep1 to go to irq15.

The end result ?  ep0 works, on irq 3, and ep1 bombs out with the infamous
"No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

Any help is appreciated.  The irq thing looks odd, but given the previous
4.3-era solution to this problem (the pccard.conf configuration shown above)
I would not be surprised if there is some new weird arrangement of the
parameters for that entry that will solve everything.

--joesh