Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2017 13:19:27 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: building openldap form ports

--prmwBDouCu0qA4PVbWJ3wJMAQEnQaxFnR
From: Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--eGOc2KbTViVhM627mI7mvhRQw0XLADqOQ

On 2017/06/14 12:36, Friedrich Locke wrote:
> i am learning a lot with this mailing lists, thank you for your replies=
=2E
> I would like to build and install openldap server from the ports
> collection. In the configuratin process i was told that bdb is
> deprecated, then which backend should i build support for ?
>=20
> In my slapd.conf which backend should i specify ?
>=20
> Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

I like lmdb for the backend (confusingly, that's the MDB option when
configuring the port0 -- this has been developed by the OpenLDAP folk
specifically as a replacement for BerkeleyDB, since Oracle is taking BDB
in directions that are not useful for the purposes of LDAP.

Be sure and turn off all of the backends you aren't using in the config
step.  Compiling in some of those will have a deleterious effect on
performance even if you aren't actually using them.

	Cheers,

	Matthew