Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 12:48:27 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "James D. Butt" <jbutt@mwci.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyrix Problems??

On Fri, 20 February 1998 at 12:35:32 -0600, James D. Butt wrote:

> We have Cyrix 133 that we are unable to recompile the kernel on. We are
> running FreeBSD 2.2.5-Release. At first I thought it might be a memmory
> problem so I checked that and all the RAM is good..
>
> I moved the hard drive to a Intel P75 and it compiled fine.
>
> Bellow is the last part of the make where it dies.. It looks like it is
> finished compiling but I am unsure what it does when it says "loading
> kernel"??
>

> cc -O -Wreturn-type -Wcomment -Wredundant-decls -Wimplicit
> -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-proto
> types -Wmissing-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith  -nostdinc -I- -I. -I../..
> -I../../../include -
> DAPM_BROKEN_STATCLOCK -DFAILSAFE -DCOMPAT_43 -DMSDOSFS -DNFS -DFFS -DINET
> -DKERNEL -c vers.
> ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_edintr' referenced from data segment
> *** Error code 1

Is this always the same error?  That doesn't look like a processor
problem to me.  Do you have this line or something in your config
file?

  device ed0 at isa? port 0x280 net irq 5 iomem 0xd8000 vector edintr

Do you have a file if_ed.o in your kernel compile file?  If so, does
this command output a list of entries?

  $ nm if_ed.o

If not, try deleting this file and rebuilding the kernel.

Greg