Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:51:10 -0600
From:      Don Wilde <Don@Silver-Lynx.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   dynamiting our party

Hey, guys -

Are all US BSDers aware of the critical threat to our OSS? Senator
Ernest Hollings of SC has introduced a bill to mandate federal
copy-protection encryption widgets and software in all electronics,
including PCs. It will become illegal to sell any PC or software in
which this can be defeated. This makes all OSS illegal, because of
course we can do whatever we want with it, including ignoring their
code.

I urge you strongly to write all your senators and hold their feet to
the fire to defeat the CDBTPA.

On second thought, let's just turn it all off. I wonder what they'll
think if 60 percent of all websites and... gee, BIND8... damn, there
goes ALL nameservice...
--
Don Wilde           http://www.Silver-Lynx.com
Silver Lynx   Embedded Microsystems Architects