Date:      Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:32:42 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Admin <admin@technotex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SOS!!! - trying to exlude memory over 10Mb

> Admin wrote:
>
> Dear all!
>
> I have a Toshiba Tecra 700CS series Laptom with 16 MB. Unfortunately, there
> are some physically damaged bits between 10MB to 11 MB physical memory area.
> I tried to install 32-bits Operating systems like Windows 95/NT/ OS/2, major
> versions of Unix (SUN Solaris for i386, BSD Unix, Free BSD, SCO Unix, etc.)
> but could not get my Laptop worked. Only Linux works on this Laptop because
> during boot process of Linux I excluded the 10-16MB area by typing:
>
>     Linux mem=10M

Hi,

Please don't post HTML messages to this list - not everyone can read them! :(
- Also you should try to use a more 'informative' subject line that just "SOS"
:)

You may be able to compile a kernel with MAXMEM set to 10Mb, this might
work... - I'm not too sure how you would be able to create a boot/install disk
with this kernel instead of the normal one, someone else may be able to help
with that...

-Kp