Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:22:34 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
Subject:   Re: UFS Crash and directories now missing

Hi,

On Monday 30 April 2012 18:36:08 Robert Bonomi wrote:

> Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org> wrote:
> That simply *ISN'T* going to happen -- not without a -lot- more evidence
> than any individual can provide from a single =unrepeadable= incident.

ok, I am not the original poster but let me tell me of an experience here I have had. I reported also something extremely strange. Of course, the comments I have gotten have been the same as here. But what happened then?

I do not know why but somebody found a race condition in the affected system. There is no fix available yet.

With other words, no matter how strange things are, I encourage people to report it. Not with the real hope to get a solution at the spot. But with the chance that somebody who knows the code well and has some strange feelings takes a look.

I also encourage my clients to do the same for our products and services.

Erich