Date:      02 Nov 2002 18:46:04 -0700
From:      Ned Wolpert <wolpert@codeheadsystems.com>
To:        conrads@cox.net
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading 4.7-stable to -current question

On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 17:58, Conrad Sabatier wrote:

> > Now, my system was installed around 4.4, so I "should not" need to
> > update my boot blocks.  Correct?
>
> Mmm, perhaps not.  :-)

Eh, at this rate, I might as well...

> Myself, I played it ultra-safe and followed the upgrade instructions to the
> letter, including moving the 4.x modules to a different directory.  The
> upgrade went off without a single gotcha.

Perhaps I shouldn't try and play games.  I'd like a 'way out' where I
could return to 4.x since I'm experimenting with my desktop (not one of
my servers, of course), but at this rate, "Damn the torpedoes, full
steam ahead!"

Now, um, where did I put that backup tape...   ;-)

--

Virtually,
Ned Wolpert <wolpert@codeheadsystems.com>                     4e75