Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2000 06:55:57 +0900
From:      Tatsumi Hosokawa <hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pccard_ether does not work without DHCP

At Sun, 16 Jan 2000 06:49:17 +0900,
Tatsumi Hosokawa <hosokawa@itc.keio.ac.jp> wrote:

> "at isa?" or explicit ioaddr and irq specification causes this
> problem?
>
> Please test it with fe0 card if you have fe0 card.  fe0 in GENERIC is
> device          fe0     at isa? port 0x300 irq ?

I tested it with sio card and kernel says that

devclass_alloc_unit: sio2 already exists, using next available unit
number

and used sio4.  Of course, sio's in kernel are

device          sio0    at isa? port IO_COM1 flags 0x10 irq 4
device          sio1    at isa? port IO_COM2 irq 3
device          sio2    at isa? disable port IO_COM3 irq 5
device          sio3    at isa? disable port IO_COM4 irq 9

so, I think fe0 causes same problem.

Applying s/ed0/ed1/, s/fe0/fe1/, s/sio2/sio4/,... to
/etc/pccard.conf.sample would be an effective hack, but it's dirty
hack.

Any better ideas?