Date:      14 Jan 2000 12:52:00 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: default ftp client

Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr> writes:

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 11:04:42AM -0500, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> >
> > What's the name of the default command-line ftp client that I would
> > have on 3.4-R? I like it a lot and wonder if it's available as a
> > stand-alone app for other os's as well.
>
> It's more than certainly called `ftp'.  You can grab the sources from
> your closest FreeBSD mirror, too.  Look for the usr.bin distribution,
> since in my FreeBSD box I can see:
>
> 	% ls -ld /usr/src/usr.bin/ftp
> 	drwxr-xr-x  2 root  wheel  512 Oct  7 01:48 /usr/src/usr.bin/ftp

Well, maybe I was very unclear. I certainly didn't mean to inquire
about the name of the executable (of course, it's ftp ;^). But, there
are many ftp clients out there, and I liked the particular one that
comes stock with FreeBSD.

What I was asking for is some identifier of the ftp client that
FreeBSD has for default one.

The file ftp.c has some id line that perhaps implies that the client
comes from NetBSD...
/*      $NetBSD: ftp.c,v 1.29.2.1 1997/11/18 01:01:04 mellon Exp $      */

So I was wondering if there were a tarball somewhere of this client as
a stand-alone application.
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who