Date:      Fri, 23 May 2014 15:40:00 GMT
From:      Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/188214: Manpage for fsck(8) doesn&#39;t say what happens when no -t or -T

The following reply was made to PR docs/188214; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Allan Jude <allanjude@freebsd.org>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, rfg@tristatelogic.com,
 Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Subject: Re: docs/188214: Manpage for fsck(8) doesn&#39;t say what happens
 when no -t or -T
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 11:39:24 -0400

 I have not checked the code to be sure, but from general usage I have
 noticed that fsck(8) doesn't actually try to detect, or 'taste' the
 partition, but only looks at /etc/fstab and if the type is not
 specified, then returns the error.

 Suggesting that it 'attempts to detect' may give the wrong impression.
 Someone would have to look at the source of fsck(8) to be sure.

 --
 Allan Jude