Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:17:33 +0000
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a little problem!!!!!!

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 11:37, MarC wrote:
> hello, my name is marc and i'm from Romania.
> I have a little problem: i just bought a laptop Compaq Presario 1200, old
> laptop, and my operating system is FreeBSD. I wanted to format it and i
> don't know how. In Bios this feature insn't. Please tell me a list of
> commands in FreeBSD how do I format my hard-disk....and even other
> sugestions.ok?

You probably dont need to do this, formating is a standard part of the FreeBSD
installation process.

And you can't just format the disk, it's a three stage process

1 - create a primary partition for the BSD slice
2 - create BSD partitions in the slice
3 - format the partitions

but the installation program will take you through all that.