Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:22:48 +0100
From:      Chris Howells <howells@kde.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 ACPI and Asus s5200n

--nextPart1408443.fX04bqfgMq

On Sunday 17 October 2004 19:53, Guy Brand wrote:
>   I did a fresh install of FreeBSD 5.3 beta 7 on an Asus s5200n.
>   hw.acpi says hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S3 S4 S5. Trying
>   them out, only S5 works properly . S1 freezes when I want to get
>   the laptop back. S3 suspends the laptop, but when I get it back
>   using the power button or any key of the keyboard it fails with

Same problem here (same laptop with same version of FreeBSD) so I'd love a=
=20
solution since otherwise I am thinking of putting Linux onto it until FreeB=
SD=20
can do the same :(

Linux 2.6.9-rc4 seems to work nearly perfectly with S1, S3 and S4 on the sa=
me=20
hardware, but I haven't finished testing.

=2D-=20
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP ID: 0x33795A2C
KDE/Qt/C++/PHP Developer: http://www.kde.org