Date:      Fri, 02 Aug 1996 07:54:54 +1100
From:      Mark Hannon <epamha@epa.ericsson.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mark Hannon <mark@seeware.DIALix.oz.au>
Subject:   Previously unseen TCP/IP problems on 2.1.5-RELEASE

Hi,

I have been running 2.1.5 for a few weeks now and have noticed some
strange new problem with TCP/IP networking that I have never seen
before.

I usually use my work laptop (running WfW3.11 and XVision) to run
X11 sessions from my FreeBSD host.  This setup has been working like
a charm for a year or more until I upgraded to 2.1.5.  At this point I
started seeing hanging TCP/IP connections from the PC side, after
several minutes of operation the WfW machine seems to lose all network
contact with the host, the only way to restart traffic is to restart
the WfW machine.

I have turned off the TCP/IP extensions in /etc/sysconfig.

Anybody got any ideas?  Any clues how to trace this problem?

Regards/mark