Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:03:55 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup config file

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 05:48 pm, Noah wrote:
> FreebSD 4-9
>
> can somebody please verify if I have my cvsup config file setup
> correctly? these are the only uncommented lines.
>
> --- snip ---
>
> *default host=cvsup13.FreeBSD.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=.
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
>
> ## Ports Collection.
> #
> # The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
> # mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
> # collections,
> ports-all

This is the one I use. Cvsup13 tested faster than 16 did but I am not
going to change. Crystal is more local cvs-mirror. A cvsup over a
100mbps local network is faster than anything over the Internet :). I
update every 4 hours at DSL speeds and cvsup at 100mbps.

I have gone back to work for a short time. I only have a few hours at
night to anwer emails.

Kent

ruby# cat ports-supfile
# $Id: ports-supfile,v 1.14.2.2 1999/04/08 08:07:54 asami Exp $
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
#*default host=cvsup16.FreeBSD.org
*default host=crystal
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following
line.
#*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#