Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 1995 23:20:48 GMT
From:      Mark Valentine <mark@linus.demon.co.uk>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>, bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, root@deadline.snafu.de
Subject:   Re: LKM's still wont compile in -currn^eent

> From: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
> Date: Sat 11 Nov, 1995
> Subject: Re: LKM's still wont compile in -currn^eent

> > Install bsd.kmod.mk.
>
> Thank you.  This provides an example of broken code for maintaining
> -stable and -current on the same machine other than the "config" program
> itself.

One way to help make source trees self-sufficient might be to start every
Makefile with something like:

    .MAKEFLAGS: -I${TOP}/share/mk

(where the ../.. varies according to the position in the source tree).

I use a similar scheme in a build system I designed (except that it
doesn't depend on luxuries like BSD make's .MAKEFLAGS rule, so every
include line has to refer explicitly to the mk directory...).

		Mark.