Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 20:03:08 +0100 (BST)
From:      William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Delete Key

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Jan Grant wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, William Palfreman wrote:
>
> > There should be a simply way to map ^D to del.  Usually any request to
> > do this get fobbed off with "RTFM, man stty"  Done that, googled for it,
> > neither says simply how to make del behave like ^D on a console.
>
> There are lots of bits that might get in the way. If you're using tcsh
> then you should look at the builting "bindkey", which maps control key
> (and other sequences) to editor behaviour. Presumably bash has something
> similar.

I'm not using tsch.  I'm actually using bash, but I would prefer
something for sh as its installed as standard.

Something like:

$ keyset -s del=rdel

I can't belive there is no way of setting this.  Or if there is the
documentation isn't throwing itself at me.

stty seems like the right command, but what is it you put in?
stty erase ^D does absolutely nothing at all, and the man page is
extremely unhelpful.

--
W. Palfreman.