Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2000 20:24:24 +0200
From:      "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        "Gilles Deleuze" <Deleuze@gmx.fr>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd on dev/hda2..suse_lilo is in the mbr

Hi Gilles,

> On dev/hda2 was my data partition. I kicked it, an downloaded
> from www.linuxiso.org FreeBSD, and extracted it to dev/hda2
>
>  But how to boot the freebsd (if possible) with lilo)
>                              An entry into the Lilo.conf resulted in: "
> Kernel is too big... " What da f***

This iso should be burned to CD and then FreeBSD must be installed, similar
to what you did with your Linux-CD. /dev/hda2 is a good place, if /dev/hda1
is smaller than 8GB. (as in Linux itīs easier if your root partition is
below the 1024 cylinder boundary). BTW, hda2 is called ad2 in FreeBSD.
For further information look at www.freebsd.org .

In Lilo, you have to treat FreeBSD like Windows. Look in the examples in the
man page.

Ciao
Siegbert