Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 21:42:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      kf7nn@kf7nn.com
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cqcam script

i never done this before so i may ask a few questions.

what does locking a file mean?

should i use "flock" to lock the file?

should i use perl or a shell script?

I did write a small script that started out
with something like

!#/usr/bin/perl

if      blah /usr/local/program
        /usr/local/anotherprogram
        /usr/bin/program3
fi

that is my whole extent to programming although if it was 68xx assembly
then I could do wonders...I love talking directly to hardware.

E-Mail: kf7nn@kf7nn.com