Date:      Fri, 10 Aug 2001 08:52:43 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        m p <sumirati@yahoo.de>, crimsun@email.unc.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help advice needed! ->Re: Yep-I been hacked!

Hi Marc and all
I am grateful to all for the feedback. These cracking
idiots are a pain and waste my valuable time!
Some advice please. What if I....
* Build  a separate firewall  machine ( I have one to
use) which is only that using IPFW.
* Have my existing dns/web/mail/ftp/router on a
separate machine with dual network cards...one
attached to the Lan and one attached to the firewall
computer.

OR
simply setup IPFW on the existing router

With option 1, how do I disable or restrict all
compilers and ability to run scripts etc or whatever I
need??
I presume I need to include rules to allow mail web
etc requests to pass. The Freebsd docs has a section
on firewalls, will this be a sufficient set to let my
standard services run..e.g. mail to get out & in and
http requests in from the world to apache?
Hoping for help
Regards Keith