Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2012 21:14:52 +0200
From:      "Harald Schmalzbauer (mobil)" <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        jhb@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpt irq timeout problem after reboot - only if non-verbose booting !?!

-----Urspr=C3=BCngliche Nachricht-----

.

Thanks for your attention!
The timeout occurs after the first 'shutdown -r' while device probing =
during second boot process.
Perhaps this is amd64 specific. Today I had a new i386 setup which doesn't =
exhibit this timeout. But it's on different hardware and hv-host was 5.0 =
inestead 5.1. So not really representative...

> Extra printfs affect the timing most likely.
>
> Are you using any RAID volumes?  The only shutdown handler in mpt that =
looks

The controller is 'virtual' SAS. But thers's been reports that also on real =
HW (sasuc8i) the same problem occurs.

I'll try your patch tomorrow morning; timezon shift...

Thanks,

-Harry=