Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 16:45:27 +1100
From:      Joel Sutton <suttonj@interconnect.com.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Making ports of usenet sources

Greetings,

I am wanting to do ports for some software in the comp.sources ftp
archive. Mostly the sources are stuck together in shell archives (as
I'm sure you already know :->) and my question is:

Would it be considered acceptable to download the shell archive,
unpack it and compile it (etc)?? Or should I create a separate tar file
with the sources in it and upload that also???

This question could also be extended to ports of software from the
CTAN archive which just has all the source files sitting in a
directory.

Any ideas/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joel...
:->