Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 2002 07:43:04 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tinydns / dnscache

I installed djbdns from ports, and I'm trying to get dnscache working,
but am having a problem doing so.  It works fine on 127.0.0.1, but not
on the IP bound to my outside interface.  Nothing shows up in the logs.
Both nslookup and dnsquery time out.

Works:

  dnscache-conf nobody nobody /services/dnscache 127.0.0.1

Doesn't work:

  dnscache-conf nobody nobody /services/dnscache 63.171.251.200

I have verified that named isn't running, and that nothing else is using
the port.

Any help?

--
  Troy Settle