Date:      Wed, 03 Jul 2002 09:14:17 -0400
From:      "Joseph Wright" <JWRIGHT@mbakercorp.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Can this be done without a lot of custimization in FreeBSD.

I am trying to see if the following can be done and if so what is the
best way to tackle it.

I need to have a FreeBSD server that acts as the "video player" behind
a small advertisement screen.  I have tested several applications on
FreeBSD through X and have had really good results on video playback.
The issue I am running into is the advertisement will be controlled
remotely and I need a way for the video or X  desktop to be blacked out
or not displaying when someone remotely chooses another video.  I do not
what anyone looking at the advertisement to see a X desktop while the
video is stopped or changing.  Also what would be a good command line
driven mpeg player
to use in this situation.  The only thing I could think of was to
somehow have a second video or tv-out card that would only be used to
output the mpeg video from the mpeg player.(not sure if this is all
possible)

thanks

joe