Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:40:47 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@le-hen.org>
Subject:   Unmet ruby-bdb dependency while installed because of -CURRENT bump

Hi there,

Please Cc: me when replying, I'm not subscribed to this list.

I endured a weird behaviour while running portupgrade -a.  From what I
understand, ruby has been upgraded and since -CURRENT has been bumped
from 7 to 8, Ruby's libs now live in
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i386-freebsd8/ instead of
...-freebsd7/.

But the problem is that from now on, ruby-bdb is searched in the former
directory while it is yet installed in the latter.  Therefore the port
system tries to build and install it but eventually wails that ruby-bdb
is already installed.  I had to upgrade it manually.

Is it the expected behaviour or did I miss something while upgrading?

Thanks.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen