Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 13:54:11 +0300
From:      Petri Helenius <pete@silver.sms.fi>
To:        Gary Palmer (FreeBSD/ARM Team) <gpalmer@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: vat audio (again ;)

Gary Palmer writes:
 > In message <199504180931.MAA15114@silver.sms.fi>, Petri Helenius writes:
 > >  I'm running 950322 SNAP and have been unable to get vat (the multicast
 > >application) audio to work. It seems that it's receiving correctly and
 > >other multicast applications work fine but nothing comes out of vat.
 >
 > What sound card are you using? The VAT driver only works (alledgedly)
 > with some of the cards...

PAS-16 in it's native mode. Would it help if I would also install a driver
for it's sb-emulation mode? I also had to change a function definition from
static to public in order to make the kernel link.

If you want to try this out the easiest way is to fire up VAT and press the
"Keep Audio" button and then get to the "Menu" and press 0 dBm tone button.
You should hear (if it works) an 1 kHz tone coming out of your speaker(s).
(even if you do not have any multicast capability in your network).
You might have to specify an unicast address to get vat up if you don't have
multicast built into your kernel.

Pete