Date:      Mon, 08 May 1995 11:20:43 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        Dominic Gregoire <Dominic_Gregoire@LLC.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tmc8xx driver from 2.0

> I think i'll hit the right place with this.
>
> I've been trying for a few days to make freebsd2-0 works with a TMC-830
> 8bit scsi adaptor, using i386/isa/seagate.c. So far i've been able to
> make autodetect works, it also detects all the present devices, and i'm
> able to read/write to them. All i had to do was to add a signature to
> seagate.c and recompile (The bios version on it is 4.0L, 5.0C was the
> oldest in the sources).
>
> The problem is, it timeouts ALOT, and eventually panics and crash. I
> tried everything i could think of, like the fix for tmc840 adaptor
> (flipping defs for STAT_MSG and STAT_CD and forcing seagate type), i
> played around a lot with scsi terminators, and on and on.

Try commenting out the #defines for SEA_BLINDTRANSFER and SEA_ASSEMBLER. That
worked for me on a Future Domain TMC-885, which experienced the exact symptoms
you've described. I'm trying to put these options in the current version of
the driver, so that I can submit the changes back and use it. I'm still trying
to figure out (in between all the other stuff I have to do) where it would all
go.

> Maybe someone here had the same level of troubles with a tmc-830, and
> could help me. Maybe someone with scsi experience can tell me "It could
> work if you do xxx", or "Just ditch it", whatever.
>
> Just any enlightement will do :)
>
> --
> Dominic_Gregoire@LLC.org :

        I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
                     They don't pay me enough for that!