Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:52:41 +0800 (SST)
From:      ash@fxsing.ml.com (Ash Yadav)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ash@tekkie.sg.ml.com (Ash Yadav)
Subject:   Need help with some FreeBSD problems.

Folks,
Just booted up my freebsd machine after 2 weeks and seem to be noticing a few problems.
The freebsd box is setup as a gateway for my HAN ( Home Area Network ). The boxes are
coneected via a D-Link hub. I had all the components working a few weeks and now that
I have'nt used it for a while these gremilins have crept in.

1) telnetting from my win95 box to freebsd is extremely slow. It takes abt 5 minutes
   to come back with a login promt. When I try to ping the machine etc. everything
   looks ok.

2) On startup it hangs while trying to start sendmail. I have to Ctrl-C to get the
   bootup to go on. A ps after bootup doesnot show sendmail running. Trying to startup
   sendmail from the commandline show the process with a "S" status with ps.

3) PPP seems to dialout to my isp. even when no one is using it. At first I thought it
   was sendmail. But now that sendmail is not working it still does the samething.

4) Cannot mount the freebsd box via samba. The requests time out.

The host files  on both hosts has entries for both hosts. Any help on how to resolve these
problems is appreciated .. TIA
Ash ;)