Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:00:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
Cc:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>, andrew@cream.org, olgeni@uli.it, ruslan@shevchenko.kiev.ua, seb@bluetail.com, ade@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, nbm@mithrandr.moria.org, doc@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com
Subject:   Re: erlang port -- a poster child (Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 r

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Chad R. Larson wrote:

> > =* If  the PR  is for  a port  make sure  that "port  update" is  in the
> > =synopsis field, if only so that it catches Neil Blakey-Milner's regular
> > =check for such PR's, but also to act as a good description.
> > =
> > =* If you are the MAINTAINER of a  piece of code (or more likely a port)
> > =and don't have  commit privs, put "MAINTAINER update"  in the synopsis,
> > =for the same reasons as before.
> >
> > Use  of  synopsis  for  this  worries me.  Perhaps,  this  warrants  two
> > new  classes: ``update''  and ``maintainer-update''  in addition  to the
> > all-including ``change-request''?
>
> I too am a bit worried.  Are we saying that one of the ports
> committers doesn't expect to do that job unless certain keywords
> are in the PR?  If so, that should be documented other than in
> e-mail here.

No, you didnt read what was said earlier. This is a matter of
prioritisation - you have to make it as easy as possible for the committer
to do their job if you want them to get to your PR in a timely manner..if
it's obscure or incomplete it will probably take (much) longer for anyone
to spend their time on it since there are always other things they
"should be doing."

Kris