Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:20:15 -0800
From:      Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Olof Samuelsson <olof@crt.se>, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Updated Mozilla ports

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> Yeah, blame Joe Kelsey :-).  He's been the calendar guy.  In my initial
> announcement to freebsd-gnome@ I mentioned this.  If you want to build a
> patch, you'll have to extract the calendar stuff from CVS, and roll your
> own distfile.

Gee, thanks for the blame ;-(

The main reason I did not do anything about calendar for 1.3a is that
the calendar people at mozilla said tht they were working to integrate
the calendar build into the standard mozilla build.

What would be best is to take a standard calendar build from 1.2 and
make it available as a loadable XPI file.  However, when I asked the
calendar newsgroup some questions about doing a FreeBSD XPI, I got
nothing but resounding silence.  I asked some questions about the
difference between the Linux, windoze and mac XPI's, and again no one
bothered to respond.  The mozilla calendar developers do not seem to
care about promoting it on other platforms.

If you go to the calendar website and look at the detailed examples of
how to build it, it is pretty simple to do.  In the ports tree, do a
"make extract" to get the sources.  Go to the work directory and follow
the standard mozilla instructions for cvs access (cvs login, etc.)  Once
you have logged on, you can do a "cvs co mozilla/calendar" to acquire
the latest calendar sources.  At that point, simply add enable-calendar
to the configure args in the port makefile and away you go!

I had not planned to do anything further with specific calendar support
in 1.3a because of the word from the developers that they were
integrating with 1.3 for source release.

/Joe