Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:35:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        "TFC WLAN 97/98 - IST - ext.2269 (8418269)" <wlan@feldspato.ist.utl.pt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MTR and freeBSD 3.2

On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, TFC WLAN 97/98 - IST - ext.2269 (8418269) wrote:

> Hi
>
> MTR sometimes fails with a nice message like
> "You've got a broken (FreeBSD?) system".
>
> Is there a solution?
>
> We have MTR v0.37 and FreeBSD 3.2-RELEASE

There are two solutions, on current anyway (i don't have 3.2 to test).

1. install from ports (which has a patch which does 2:)
2. compile with disabling this error message: change BSDfix to 1 in net.c

I've been in touch with the maintainer of mtr about this. It has something
to do with wrong field lengths. He told me to complain to the FreeBSD
team, so I forwarded his message to this list.
I have neither the talents nor the inclination to find out what this is
exactly about and who is right or wrong :-)

Hope one of the above (I woudl suggest ports) works for you.

Succes!

Marc

--
Marc Schneiders