Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:42:31 +0200
From:      "Dennis Pedersen" <mlists@daydreamer.dk>
To:        "Martin McFlySr" <martin@mcflysr.kurgan.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Guideline for number of users / CPU/RAM while using mpd

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin McFlySr" <martin@mcflysr.kurgan.ru>
To: "Dennis Pedersen" <mig@jyde.dk>
Cc: <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 7:23 PM

> Hello Dennis Pedersen,
>
> Wednesday, July 24, 2002, 13:47:59, you wrote:
>
> DP> I'm planning on using mpd for some of my home users (about 20) , and i
> DP> seeking some info on how big a box i need.
> On  the server which I operated, amount of simultaneously working users
was
> 25...30. 10Mb BW (LAN), two fxp0, Pentium 233MMX/128Ram, FreeBSD4, mpd.
> BW of channel to ISP was 256k.

Okai nice :)
There is no problem in creating 20+ ng (tunnels?). I kind of new to the mpd
thing so it might stupid but here goes ;)
Is there anything i should make any different (settings etc) if i should
have up to 20 online at the same time (here im thinking of special
tweaks/settings to mpd)

Regards,
Dennis